Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Really? Six months already?

Ansley Grace,

I can't believe six months has already flown by so quickly. At the same time, the morning we welcomed you seems so long ago. You are the most precious gift I've ever been given and being your mommy is even better than I ever dreamed it would be. Here's a little bit about you at six months old:
-You smile all the time. My favorite is in the morning or after your naps because you give me the biggest smile and are so happy to see me.
-You love cereal, especially with bananas mixed with it. That's funny because your Aunt Mandy and I still love baby bananas...this totally freaks your dad out!
-You're still not sleeping through the night, but some nights are better than others. I think part of it is that I pick you up at every sound you make because I love to cuddle with you. Even at 3:30 in the morning.
-You've been sitting up on your own for a couple of weeks now and you're getting more and more steady. You still topple over every once in a while, but it's in slow motion.
-You are very inquisitive and curious. As long as there's something to hold your attention you are happy.
-That said, I can't leave you sitting on the floor by yourself for long because you get bored and upset.
-You HATE naps. Even as I type you are fussing because it's nap time and I've put you in your swing. There was once a time when you loved that swing. Now you know that when I put you in it I want you to go to sleep.
-Something happened with the car travelling. At first you cried, I mean screamed, when we put you in your carseat and I would sit in the backseat with you to keep you entertained. Now, you fall right to sleep in the car and I can sit in the front seat with Daddy again. Someday I'll tell you about the time that I decided to drive you by myself to Grammy and Grandpa's house and I had to stop twice on the way because you were screaming so hard you were choking. I vowed to NEVER do that again, but I think it will be okay now.
-You're really playing with toys a lot more now. You love the exercauser now that you've learned to jump. You also like to look at books and play with rattles.
-You love going to church and soak up all the attention you get there. The women love holding and cuddling with you there. I always get a great report and usually walk up to find you snuggled in a rocking chair with someone.

I could go on and on about you. I cannot get enough of you and am so thankful that you're our little girl. You're such a blessing.

Love,
Mommy

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Ansley's 6 Months Old!
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

No comments:

Post a Comment