Monday, August 3, 2009

Just an update...


Oh my goodness, how just letting Ansley cry once in her bed made all the difference in the world! It's like she had to get used to the idea that she was going to sleep in her bed and Momma was not going to pick her up. It broke my heart, but was so worth it in the long run. That was one week ago and nighttime is a delight now. We're all getting more sleep. Here's what her schedule looks like now: wake up at 7:00 am and eat, nap at 9, eat at 10, nap at 12, eat at 1, nap at 3, eat at 4, cereal at 7 and bath since she has it all over her, milk after that, and finish off the night with a story and rocking. She goes to bed around 8:00 and will wake once to eat during the night and goes right back to sleep. So, that's what we do day after day. We went for a walk this morning and took Hero with us. He has to wear a choke collar since he's 150 lbs and can drag me around. I'm sure people were thinking I was crazy having that huge dog around my baby. He looks pretty mean with the collar. But he's the sweetest dog I've ever met. And Ansley loved watching him walk in front of her the whole trip. We felt very protected.

Other news: Ansley's now rolling over to sleep on her tummy. She has started lifting her chest off the floor and as soon as she figures out her arms, she's gonna be crawling. I don't think it will be long before she's sitting up on her own either. She is the most inquisitive baby I've ever seen. She watches everything that goes on around her and will wrinkle her brow in concentration. Something else that I just love is how if there is a loud noise and Ansley is startled, she will open her eyes up really big and stare at me as if to ask, "What was that?" I've been talking to her a lot and teaching her to cook. I'll sit her in the Bumbo in the kitchen while I'm making dinner and explain to her what I'm doing. She seems to love it. We've also been singing and dancing a lot together. It's usually Bob Marley, but tonight it was Elvis. What a blessing it is to be able to stay home with my daughter! I'm so thankful that Jeff works so hard for us and finds it as important as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment