Monday, September 5, 2011

Aggie gameday







Sunday was A&M's first football game of the season, so we packed up the girls and headed to campus to let them experience the Corps and band. Ansley has been every year, but I was so excited for her to go now because she is finally old enough to get excited about it all. And Heidi looked so cute just hanging out in her stroller in her first Texas A&M shirt. We headed home after watching the cannon fire and the band step off to watch the game at our house, but apparently a bad fire burned some of the cables of our internet and cable provider and I was told that it would be late that night or the next morning before it was repaired. That meant no Aggie football for me and I was so bummed since I love watching football and I had been excited for such a long time about getting the girls in bed and curling up with a blanket on my couch to watch. We turned it on the radio instead and finally during halftime the TV clicked on and we got to watch the Aggies win!

I couldn't believe how many people were on campus since it was the first game and was against SMU. There is always such an exciting energy on game days in this town, but I think it was even better because of the excitement surrounding our possible joining of the SEC and the ranking of our football team. It's funny, but I sometimes get so caught up in the day to day of raising babies that I forget we live in the same town as our beloved university. Football weekends are a big deal around here and I can't wait until the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment