Thursday, June 26, 2014

Graham's One!

To my sweet son,
Oh, how my life has changed since becoming the mom of three and the mother of a boy. I could have never imagined I would fall so deeply in love with a son since I just felt like a mom of girls. Girly things are what I'm good at...coordinating outfits, bows, princesses, pink. But there's something about the way my baby boy grins at me, lays his head on my shoulder, and pats my back that just melts my heart. I could hold and cuddle you all day long. And the funny thing is that I know it won't be long before you're much bigger than I am and I'm watching you help your daddy outside and I'll miss being able to pick you up and smell your sweet baby smell that hasn't yet turned to that of a wet puppy. I sincerely hope that you turn out to be just like your daddy. He's got so much to teach you about being a man and there's no one better for you to learn from.
Here's more about you at one:
-You are just shy of 20 lbs.
-Every time we're in public you get compliments on your big, beautiful blue eyes.
-You eat ALL the time and are constantly hungry. You out eat Heidi easily.
-You love to eat anything off the floor or ground. I'm not even going to list here the things I have found in your mouth...
-You crawl so fast, stand on your own until you realize it, and walk behind your push toy. You're so close to walking on your own!
-We had a small birthday party for you with your friend, Ewan, to celebrate both of you turning one. You enjoyed your cake and made a huge mess. I can't wait to see the messes you both get into as you grow.
-You are still pretty independent and will roam all around the house on your own.
-You've recently started giggling and playing games with me. You think you're so funny.
-Weaning and sleeping through the night has been most difficult with you. We're not there yet, but soon!
I love you, Graham Cracker! You're such a sweet blessing to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment