Monday, December 7, 2009

This may be no surprise...




...but I let Ansley open one of her Christmas presents a little early. We had someone from church come over tonight to photograph her and I really wanted her to have the doll I ordered in some of the shots. It's precious and is just as sweet as I hoped it would be when I ordered it. Anyway, the photo shoot didn't go as smoothly as I hoped it would. Ansley was difficult for most of it, but Ryan was confident that he got some good ones. I can't wait to see them...he does such an amazing job. I've decided that I'm not going to wrap the doll back up because there's no use. Ansley's been doing the sweetest thing lately...when she sleeps she holds the stuffed animal in her bed and she's been carrying around this little horse for two days. Since I've given her the doll she's been carrying it all over with her. Precious.

I also have to include this photo of the homemade yeast rolls that I made last night. You have no idea what trouble I've had with yeast rolls. They are the most finicky things ever. Well, I've finally gotten it and this photo is proof. They taste just as good as they look. Unfortunately. My mother-in-law will be proud. It's her recipe and she knows how much trouble Jeff and I have had. I may sound crazy blogging about yeast rolls, but I usually don't have so much trouble with things I cook. So I'm excited that I finally got it!


Can you believe that Christmas is only a couple of weeks away? How did THAT happen and where has the time gone? Shopping with an 8 month old is quite an experience, especially when it's cold outside. This morning at Kroger, I had a real mom moment. Ansley spit up and of course I didn't have her bag with me, so I had to go open a roll of paper towels to clean her up. And then she started having a meltdown and we didn't have her pacifier either, so I went to that aisle, opened one up, and popped it in her mouth. I laughed to myself because I saw three different moms walk to the granola bars and open some for their children. HA! I ended up running into a sweet friend from church who offered to take Ansley for a little bit while I finished my shopping. So, I'm not sure how I'm going to get the rest of my Christmas shopping done. I may be doing a lot of online shopping tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment