Wednesday, December 2, 2009

8 months old

Another month has quickly come and gone and Ansley is changing so much. Here's a little bit about her at 8 months:

-She has two bottom teeth. It's amazing how quickly they grow...one day they weren't there, then all of a sudden they were. Now you can see them when she smiles.
-Sleep is a touchy subject. This child thinks she doesn't need it and it's only gotten worse since travelling for the holidays. It's going to be a long month.
-Ansley loves dogs. She chases Molly around the house and laughs when she gets close enough to touch her. And Molly is so patient with her, even when Ansley gets a little rough.
-She's wearing 12 month clothes.
-She loves being outside, especially sitting in the swing or rocking chair with Grandpa.
-Ansley eats really well and has gotten the hang of puffs.

I had to take her to the doctor yesterday because this sleep situation is out of control. I found out that she's not getting enough liquid and we may have to go to formula. I'm holding off on that as long as I can. I had resolved to go ahead with the formula after we left the doctor's office, but then I got really emotional thinking about it and am not ready. So, I'm following the doctor's advice to put diluted apple juice in a bottle once a day and then transition to a sippy cup. Ansley loved it when I gave it to her yesterday. I did try a bottle of formula for her last feeding last night, but she would have none of it. I guess she wasn't hungry enough to like it.



1 comment: