Thursday, December 3, 2009

Favorite Christmas Memories

Last night I got to share one of my very favorite Christmas movies with Ansley. I pulled her chair into the living room, right in front of the TV, and let her watch Rudolph while I fed her. As you can see, she was much more interested in Molly, but I'm looking forward to years of watching the movie with her in the future. I want to start holiday traditions that she will someday treasure. My favorite memories of Christmas are of making ornaments and cookies with my mom, going to my Grandma and Grandpa's house for Christmas Eve, and waking up as soon as Santa was finished putting out the gifts to open them with my sister, brother, and parents (yes, it was in the middle of the night). I can't wait to see Ansley's excitement as she finds the gifts that Santa has left for her. But I also want to make sure that she understands that the importance of Christmas is not Santa or the gifts, but her Savior and His birth. And I want her to have a joyful heart for giving to those that are most in need. These are all precious lessons that I look forward to teaching.




A friend of hers came to visit yesterday. His name is Sterling and his mom and I used to teach together. He's 10 months old and is walking very well. Ansley was so taken by him and just watched him walk all around the room without any help or furniture to hold. She must have been thinking it was so cool and wondering how she could do that herself. The last time she saw him he was just beginning to crawl. I know it won't be long before she's doing it herself. In just four months my sweet baby will be 1! Where has the time gone?


No comments:

Post a Comment