Monday, April 29, 2013

Update on Graham

I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and cannot believe that in two months we will have a baby boy in this house full of girls. I feel like I'm starting all over having babies since I'm about to start a new adventure with a boy. I'm so excited to see how different he is from his sisters and to see what Jeff is like with a son.
I still feel completely different with this pregnancy than I did with the girls. I've gained less weight so far, but that's probably because I'm not allowing myself to eat whatever I want like I did with them and because I barely have time to sit down during the day because I'm too busy. I've been a lot more tired and physically achy. I'm carrying much differently than I did in the other pregnancies. Because he's so low, I'm experiencing a lot of back and hip pain, but not the rib pain I did with both girls. By the end of the day I am hobbling around the house and was convinced that he was a giant baby because of the size of my belly and the amount of pain I'm in and still have two months to go. This was confirmed at my last appointment when I was told that he's measuring three weeks ahead. The doctor says that if I deliver around 38 weeks (which I doubt will happen because I've never really had my babies early), he will probably be around 8 1/2 lbs. That's doable. But, I'm afraid he'll stay in there and chub up until the due date and be 10 lbs. Maybe not. Maybe he's just average size and it's all the way I'm carrying, but it will be interesting to see. But, I do know that I already love this little boy so much and all this pain and what I will face is more than worth it.
Something funny about him: I feel him get hiccups several times every day. And every time he does, he gets so upset and starts kicking in every direction and making huge movements until they stop. They always only last for a couple of minutes, but he seems to really hate them.
My sweet friends are having a prayer shower for me in a couple of weeks to pray over both of us. I know it will all really set in when we're praying for specifics and I'm getting little boy clothes and things. I'm so excited! Last night we moved the crib into his room and I am slowly starting to get it ready for our son. Can't believe I'm saying that!

No comments:

Post a Comment