Sunday, February 12, 2012

The last year

Our church has been challenged over the past couple of weeks by our pastor to remember what God is doing in each of our lives. We have been going through a series on Exodus and learning about the way God led the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt and that despite seeing Him move in mighty ways to save and provide for them during their journey, the Israelites over and over again lost sight of how powerful and gracious their God was to them. They forgot how He provided safety and protection, food and water, and forgot the miracles He performed. While it's easy to wonder how they could lose faith when God was all around them, I have been convicted to realize that I too easily shrug off the beautiful blessings the Lord has given me and forget about the mighty ways He has moved in my life. So, I'm following my pastor's advice and am remembering the work God has done in my life in the last year. Here goes: -After suffering a miscarriage in June '10 and being devastated by the loss of our sweet baby, God has taught me to trust Him and His perfect plan. I would have never guessed the day that I went to the hospital to have the D&C that God would form another beautiful baby in me the very next month. Now we have our precious Heidi and we will celebrate her first birthday in April. He has taught me to find my hope in Him, no matter my circumstances. -I feel like I have grown so much in my faith in the last year. I can't take any credit for that. God continues to pursue me every day and feeling His spirit in me is the best feeling ever. I am a long way from where I want to be, though. I still have so much to learn and I pray that the Lord will continue to fuel this fire in me to want to know more and be more for Him. -I have seen a desire to know the Lord grow in my father and that is a beautiful blessing. We have conversations about the Lord that I would have never in my wildest dreams imagined we would share. -God is teaching my sweet Ansley to love Him, to pray, and to memorize His scripture. Just about the sweetest thing I have ever heard is her reciting the verses she has memorized. She has recently learned 1 Thessalonians 5:11, "Be kind to one another and build each other up." I've been able to remind her of that verse when she has a conflict with a friend. -God has continued to provide for our family since I quit my job to stay home and raise our daughters. -He has grown sweet friendships in my church family. They are truly that - family. -Most importantly, He continues to love me despite my constant sin. Despite my grumblings and complaining when I have hard days. Despite my lack of faith in some areas. He continues to teach me. I know there are things I am leaving out. God is so good to me and I'm thankful for my relationship with Him. I'm thankful that He is so present in my life and is worthy of my trust and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment