Friday, October 21, 2011

6 months

Heidi, you're 6 months! While I can't believe I already have daughters that are 2 1/2 and 6 months, it seems like I've known you all my life and you've just always been here. I don't even remember what life was like before children. This is without a doubt the happiest time of my life so far. Your daddy, sister, and you are all such wonderful blessings in my life and there's not one single thing I would change. God has taught me so much about being His child, a wife, daughter, sister, friend, and mother through my sweet girls.

About you, sweet Heidi, at 6 months:
-ACTIVE!!! That's an understatement. You began crawling about 2 weeks ago, sitting up unsupported 1 week ago, and just yesterday started pulling up to standing. Daddy is going to have to lower your crib mattress today. If you are awake, you're moving. And if you're asleep, you're not that way for long.
-Speaking of sleep, you have transitioned to two naps this week. But, you're still waking several times at night and I've started letting you cry it out, but that can last for a really long time and you get hysterical. I think you're pretty dramatic, which must come naturally as the second daughter. ( Ha, Aunt Mandy!) Mommy is very tired and is looking forward to the first night of uninterrupted sleep.
-At your six month appointment you were 15 lbs, 10 oz and are still in the 50 percentile for height and weight.
-You are still nursing every 3 hours, but are also eating cereal for dinner. I have mixed in applesauce, sweet potatoes, and bananas so far. We're going to add more food into your diet next week, but I have to figure out what I'm doing all over again. How could I have already forgotten and I just did this two years ago?
-You are true to your age in terms of clothing size and we are running into problems since it's turned a little cooler because Ansley was quite a bit bigger than you at this age, so the cold weather clothes of hers are all too big.

I'm looking forward to celebrating your very first holidays soon! We're planning a fun night of trick-or-treating with your sister, family Thanksgiving here at our house, and traveling for Christmas. Sure to be lots of fun!

Love you sweet Heidi Reese.

No comments:

Post a Comment