Friday, December 10, 2010

20 Months and 20 Weeks





Ansley is 20 months old! I can't believe that in 4 months she will be two. I haven't posted monthly about her lately because life seems to be a whirlwind right now. She is SO active and keeps me very busy. Here's what she's up to these days:
-She is 26.6 lbs and I'm not sure of her height, but she's very tall for her age. She wears size 2T since 24 month clothing is too short.
-She has tons of teeth, but is working on the top and bottom incisors (I think that's what they're called).
-Her vocabulary totally amazes me. I can tell her the word for something once and she will remember days later. She loves to point at everything around her and tell me their names.
-Ansley loves baby dolls. I love watching her carry, rock, sing to, and share her drink with them. She's going to be such a great big sister.
-I'm afraid we've been in the terrible two's for several months now. She knows how to throw a good fit, and her favorite time to do it is when we're in the middle of a store and she will lay on the floor and kick and scream.
-But, my little girl also has such a sweet side most of the time. She loves to kiss and hug and still wants to rock and cuddle all the time. And she absolutely adores her daddy. She can hear the garage door open and runs to the door to greet him.
-Her favorite things to play with are still books. We have them from one end of the house to the other.
-You should see her pray. It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. She will bow her head so far it's almost in her plate, closes her eyes, and it perfectly quiet as we pray. She doesn't say amen yet, but smiles and cheers when it's over.
-This spring will bring Ansley lots of changes. She's going to move to a big girl bed in her new room so her sister can have her room and crib. And, I'm pretty sure we're going to start potty training. I still need to do a little research about how to do it, but I really think she'll be ready soon. I'd love to try to get rid of the pacifier, but we'll probably wait a few months to get through these other changes.
-She has become so picky about food. I cannot get her to eat meat, so the only protein I can get in her is from scrambled eggs and peanut butter.

She is such a precious blessing to us. I get so tired sometimes and think I need a little break, but as soon as she's not around I miss her terribly. I really just can't get enough of her.

As for baby #2, we found out a few weeks ago that we're having another baby girl. Her name will be Heidi Reese and the name was chosen simply because we love the name. Even though Jeff is usually not opinionated about anything, he really is about the names of his babies. So, here's a little about Heidi:
-I'm 20 weeks
-She moves a lot and makes big movements. I hardly feel little flutters, but more like she's kicking and rolling and I can feel hard pointy hands, feet, knees and elbows. I'm a little nervous that I may have another active little girl. I just remind myself that God won't give me anything I can't handle!
-She weighed about 9 oz at our 18 week appointment.
-Although she measured one day behind at our last appointment, my doctor said that her due date is still April 25.
-Everything looked great with her and she seems to be perfectly healthy

We're so excited about Ansley having a little sister. I have a wonderful relationship with my sister and had always hoped Ansley would get to have the same someday. Something I think of often is helping my daughters pick out their wedding dresses and seeing them in each other's weddings. I can't wait to let them have slumber parties and everything else that comes with little girls.

Unfortunately, we weren't given any good photos of our last ultrasound to show off our sweet baby girl. Hopefully we'll get some in a couple of months.









-

No comments:

Post a Comment