Sunday, January 31, 2010

10 Months Old

Ansley Grace,

It hardly seems possible that it's already time for me to post about your ten month birthday. I know every month I go on and on about how much you've changed and I'll do it again this time. Here's what's new with you:
-You just cut your two top teeth about a week ago. They're so big compared to your little bottom teeth! And you're going to look so different when they finally get big enough to see when you smile. You've been a lot fussier with these two than you were with the bottom ones and they've really impacted your sleep.
-Sleep has been a real problem for the past couple of weeks. You've had your first illness, a cold, and were teething at the same time, which made for some really long nights.
-You've started standing on your own and are pretty stable. You can even dance without holding on to anything when you hear music. You dance anytime you hear it. It's so funny that you picked that up because I never taught you.
-A few days ago you took your first steps on your own. They were wobbly steps, but you were determined to get the cup I was holding just out of your reach. Now you do a sort of step, run, fall toward the furniture or us. I know that it will be a matter of time before you are running everywhere you go. And I really think that's going to be the only speed you have since you're such a quick little crawler. Grammy said today that we need to put you in a baby crawling race!
-What a big personality you have! You smile and laugh all the time and are such a happy baby (especially when you're getting your way). I look forward to seeing that precious smile every morning when I wake and I love finding you playing with the toys in your bed.
-You've always talked a lot, but now the talk sounds different. It's as if you have your own language and you expect me to know exactly what you're talking about. You also talk to your dolls and sometimes I'll find you singing to them. That is the most precious sound in the world.
-You still love to eat! I'm amazed at the amount of food you go through. You're favorites these days are wheat bread, string cheese, blueberries, cooked peas, and diced pears and peaches. You're still not too sure about bananas, kiwi, or avacado.
-You love being outside. We go on a lot of walks with our friends.

I love you so much, sweet Ansley!


Standing all by herself! I had to give her my phone to keep her from reaching for the camera.


Not a great photo, but I wanted to show her two new teeth. It was next to impossible to get her to lay still.

No comments:

Post a Comment