Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy 7 months!

My sweet Heidi,

For seven months now you have been our precious second daughter and Ansley's little sister. You are such a joy and your personality is becoming more evident. What you're up to these days:
-You have your first two teeth (which explains the lack of sleep a couple of weeks ago)
-You crawl crazy fast and love to explore the house all by yourself. I find you playing in Ansley's room often.
-You started pulling up to standing about two weeks ago and have had a few crashes since your balance is not great. But, you're getting stronger each day and more coordinated.
-You eat cereal and a fruit for breakfast and a meat and veggie for dinner. We will begin lunch this week.
-Your sleep is still unpredictable. You usually wake twice in the night to eat, but have started waking up a third time in the last few nights and I've had to let you cry yourself to sleep. I hate doing that, but I want you to learn to soothe yourself back to sleep and that it's not okay to get up to play in the middle of the night.
-You absolutely will not take a bottle or be fed by anyone but mommy. We found out the hard way when Daddy and I tried to go to a football game a couple weeks ago. You refused to eat even the baby food you're used to. You definitely know what you want and refuse to give in.
-Car rides are much easier now. You like to watch Ansley sing and talk to you from her seat next to yours and you even sleep sometimes.
-Your personality so far seems to be that you like to be in the middle of everything. You love to explore, learn, try new things early, and be independent. i think that you and Ansley will be great friends because you both have this in common.

My favorite things about you:
-Your smile absolutely melts my heart. Your eyes twinkle, your dimple is the sweetest thing ever, and your two new little teeth peak out when you smile. I love walking into your room in the mornings and after naps because that's when you flash a big one. Or when you're nursing and you pause to look up and grin at me. Or when I catch your attention from across the room and you smile at me like I'm the best thing in the world.
-I love the way you play with your sister and that you absolutely adore her. You still think she's the funniest person ever.
-I love the way you like to hold onto my fingers when I reach back to your carseat to put the paci in your mouth.
-And I love the way you chase me around the house and pull up on my legs when I'm standing in the kitchen cooking. Even though it's difficult not to trip over you, it's so precious to have you in there with me.

We sure do love you, sweet little girl. I especially love having two daughters and a wonderful husband to share these holidays with.

No comments:

Post a Comment