Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Differences the Second Time Around


Ansley and Grammy around the 4th of July. I know. She was huge!!!


Heidi and Grandpa. There was about a one month difference in age between the girls in these photos.


Ansley on the beach.


Heidi on the beach.

The other day I was reading what I wrote about Ansley on the blog when she was two months old. I could.not.believe the difference in size of my girls. Ansley was 14.5 lbs at her two month appointment! Heidi was 9.5 lbs. What in the world!?! I knew Ansley was big, but whoa. I remember now that I was so afraid to let her go past three hours between feedings, even at night. I would wake her up. Crazy! I'm a lot more laid back with Heidi. I even sometimes let her go over three hours during the day if she's sleeping.

Other differences in my mommy style the second time around:
-I don't jump every second Heidi cries. I at least wait a couple of seconds.
-I don't instantly scoop up fallen pacifiers off the floor and put them in a pot to boil. Now I just quickly wipe them on my shirt and pop back in Heidi's mouth.
-I'm not using special baby detergent to wash her clothes.
-I let Heidi nap on her tummy and have even let her sleep on her tummy some at night in the pack n play next to my bed. I wouldn't let Ansley until she started rolling over and I couldn't control it.
-While I still check to make sure Heidi's breathing if she's been quiet for too long, I don't do it nearly as often as I did with Ansley.

I'm glad I eventually relaxed a little with Ansley. This explains a lot about her personality, huh?

1 comment:

  1. That picture of 3 month Ansley is hilarious! How did she get SO big?! Those are the chubby thighs I remember! Aren't you glad you don't have to carry a baby that heavy yet?!

    ReplyDelete